Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Stopping to breathe

It has been far too long since I have updated this thing. As I'm sitting in the Frothy unable to do another academic thing...I thought "why not blog?" So, in the spirit of all things blog-related and wonderful: life has been interesting lately. In the quick and dirty sense I don't know exactly how to deal with everything. The stress of graduate school/life can take over the mind so easily. I know now how seminary students become so disillusioned. The books have a way of numbing passions, especially when they start to stack up and buddy up with articles. I can just be thankful that all of mine are stuck in the seventeenth century Spanish world. If they dealt with my faith exclusively I would really struggle to find solace. But I cannot go any further into the the craziness without giving a little detail about the solitude. Every morning I have been able to drink from a fountain that never fails me. It gets my mind off of myself again and again...and I fight it like crazy sometimes. Giving trust to anything is so hard, it means you lose control. It means that you have to...well, trust! And I struggle with that so much.

Ok, so I didn't say a lot about the details of my life right now...but that's free to anyone who asks.

I'll try this again soon.

Much grace and peace...

No comments: