Thursday, September 04, 2008

Cosas Nuevas

Lately I've realized the value of "quality time." Last night I sat with a friend for a long time just talking about life. We talked about all of the hard things and how in some ways we feel drained. We talked about God, about what kind of legacies we leave behind to everyone around us. Somewhere in the middle of that discussion I became thankful. It was the kind of feeling that in spite of all of the troubles I have so much to be thankful for. I'm looking at this year and I'm looking forward to it. I'm older, and Ruston sure has changed since I first arrived, but something is beginning to seem fresh again. I'm a graduate student in history and I also work as a departmental TA. In that I feel like there is great potential to love and serve people. In that I feel like I'm coming to understand it as my ministry. I have to. It's what's sitting in front of me. So with that in mind I want these tanks re-filled, and I want a heart of flesh for my heart of stone. I love you guys.

3 comments:

JWD said...

Hola Sir Will!
Just found your blog. I look forward to reading it in the future!

Jana Davis said...

I've been talking with several friends about life recently as well. In spite of all my fears and doubts that I so frequently write about on my blog, I really am very thankful. And happy. And on the right track(I think!).
I'm always inspired when I speak to you on campus, and reading your blog is no different! You are doing a good work, Will.

Danielle Dee said...

this is beautiful. i love that feeling its almost like an epiphany...